COVID - 19 INFORMATION
This page will provide you with the latest information about how Mount Pleasant Cottage School is addressing the COVID -19 Pandemic and its impact on our district.
Please check back regularly, as we will update the information here as conditions change.
Please complete the Daily Screening Attestation before arriving at work. You will show the attestation screen at the JCCA COVID -19 checkpoint and again as you enter your building.
School Reopening Plan
This Plan will be updated regularly and may be revised at any time to best support the public health and educational needs of the Mount Pleasant Cottage School District community. Additionally, the district recognizes the many challenges associated with creating a facility reopening plan during a pandemic. This plan is offered as a possibility should the community health situation allow for a safe reopening of facilities.
Mount Pleasant Cottage School UFSD (MPCS) is not equipped to conduct testing in the event of a large-scale outbreak. We have a standing relationship with the Westchester County Department of Health (DOH) and in the event that testing is required, we will defer to the Westchester County DOH for any required or relevant information. This information will be disseminated through our communications platform.
Testing is readily available in our community. Students, staff or visitors requiring COVID-19 testing should contact their health provider, a local urgent care, federally qualified health center or visit the NYSDOH website to locate a nearby testing facility https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/find-test-site-near-you.
MPCS UFSD will notify the state and local health department immediately upon being informed of any positive COVID-19 diagnostic test result by an individual within school facilities or on school grounds, including students, faculty, staff, and visitors of Mount Pleasant Cottage School UFSD
To assist the local health department with tracing the transmission of COVID-19, MPCS has developed and maintained a plan to trace all contacts of exposed individuals in accordance with protocols, training, and tools provided through the New York State Contact Tracing Program.
Districts may assist with contact tracing by:
- Keeping accurate attendance records of students and staff members
- Ensuring student schedules are up to date
- Keeping a visitor log that includes date and time address and phone number, and where in the school they visited
- Assisting the local health departments in tracing all contacts of the individual in accordance with the protocol, training, and tools provided through the NYS Contact Tracing Program
- Informing local health department of staff member testing positive regardless of county of residence.
- For all contact tracing, the Department of Health (DOH) will require the name, address, and phone number as well as the name and phone number of the guardian of a student. MPCS will also provide contact information to JCCA and other applicable information when it contract tracing involves residential students.
If/when COVID-19 cases are discovered, in consultation with the local health department, MPCS will do the following:
- Close or quarantine locations of potential exposure for 24 hours, if possible
- Clean and disinfect locations as necessary
- Provide DOH with information as required
Confidentiality must be maintained as required by federal and state laws and regulations. Staff should not try to determine who is to be excluded without guidance and direction from the local health department.
For more information about how COVID-19 containment efforts will be communicated to students, families and staff members, visit the Communication/Family and Community Engagement section of our reopening plan.