Mount Pleasant Cottage School Community,
I am happy to report that we had a very successful first semester and we have done an outstanding job in mitigating the spread of Covid-19. Some other highlights include:
- An over 5 percent improvement in the attendance rate district-wide
- Addition of a school psychologist to serve our non-classified students
- Introduction of Automotive Repair and Early Childhood education programs
- Purchase of a food truck for our Culinary Arts program
- Implementation of restorative practices district-wide to decrease suspensions
- Expanded offerings in the afterschool program
- Reintroduction of sports programs including Cross-Country and Basketball
- Awarded the My Brother’s Keeper Fellows Grant
I would be remiss if I did not thank the staff for their tireless efforts in making these opportunities a reality for our students. Also, I must thank the parents/guardians and JCCA for your valuable input and cooperation as we continue to grow. We are excited to continue to expand opportunities for our students as we strive for all of our students to achieve academic and social & emotional growth.
Unfortunately, as Covid-19 has had another resurgence this winter, a complete return to normalcy is not yet possible, we are continuing the following health and safety protocols including:
- Face coverings will be mandated for all students and employees unless medically unable or a student has the inability to wear a mask listed as an IEP accommodation.
- Student desks will continue to be stationed three feet apart, and social distancing will be required whenever possible.
- All students and staff will need to pass a temperature check and health screening daily before entering the building.
- There will be multiple points of entry for students.
If you would like to read our up-to-date reopening plan, it can be found at MPCS UFSD Reopening Plan. Please keep in mind that this continues to be a living document, and updates will be made as the conditions of the pandemic change. Please feel free to contact me directly at email@example.com or 914-769-0456 ext.1201 with any questions or concerns.
TOUR OUR CAMPUS
Request a tour today!
Limited spots available in grades K-12.