Welcome To The Health Office Information Page
Welcome to the Health Office of the Mount Pleasant Cottage School UFSD. The health office is staffed from 8:15 AM to 3:15 PM daily. Please feel free to call with any concerns or questions.
Welcome Back to School
Welcome back, everyone!
My name is Ive Francis, and I am the new district school nurse to Mount Pleasant Cottage and Edenwald School. It is a privilege to be a part of such a wonderful and caring community, and I looking forward to meeting and getting to know all of you this coming year. My goal at Mount Pleasant Cottage School is to keep our children healthy, safe, in school, and ready to learn. I truly believe that communication is key, so please do not hesitate to contact me if you ever have any questions or concerns. This school year is going to be different, much different from previous years, but we will persevere through this. So, let us begin with several updates from the health office:
- If your child needs any medications, please make sure it is labeled when it is sent with your child.
- If you give permission for the nurse to administer medications (including over the counter medications) to be given, please make sure the consent form has been completed by the parent/guardian and the healthcare provider.
- Please submit all updated health, physical forms, and immunizations as soon as possible.
- Please inform the nurse if your child has any allergies that were not previously reported in the previous school years regardless of the severity of the allergy.
- Also, please report any new health issues that have occurred during the past 6 months. This includes any surgeries, accidents, or new health problems.
We encourage you to monitor your child’s temperature before leaving home. If your child has a temp more than 100 degrees or higher, we encourage you to keep the child at home. If your child shows any symptoms of COVID-19 such as cough, headache, sore throat, fatigue, nausea/vomiting, or diarrhea, please keep them home. Please encourage and remind the child that face-covering must always be worn, and handwashing must be performed intermittently. Remind them no physical contact with any other person is allowed, and all students must maintain 6 feet between each other.
This has been a difficult adjustment for all of us, and our children have had to adjust quickly in a short amount of time. Social-emotional competence is essential to your child’s well-being, his or her success in school, and throughout their life. We want to offer support to make sure their emotional well-being is taken care of. Please feel free to contact me at 914-769-0456 ext. 2126 with any questions and concerns regarding the wellbeing of your child.
Finally, here is a link that can also assist you during this time. https://www.wihd.org/resources/categories/school-age
All the best for this coming school year!
Ive S. Francis, RN
District School Nurse
Mount Pleasant Cottage School
Pleasantville, New York 10570
914-769-0456 ext 2126
Mount Pleasant Cottage School
Ive Francis, RN
(914) 769-0456 x2126
Louann Sacchitiello, Health Assistant
(914) 769-0456 x3141