Welcome families and friends of MPCS and Edenwald School!
My name is Brianne Bohrman and I am the new district school nurse! I look forward to meeting and caring for the students of MPCS and Edenwald this school year. My goal is to maintain health and safety for all staff and students while in school. I believe complete physical, mental, and emotional health are vital for students to succeed both inside and outside the classroom. Please feel free to contact me at (914)769-0456 ext. 2126 with any questions or concerns regarding your child’s well-being.
Reminders from the Health Office:
- Please submit all updated health forms, physical forms, and immunization records as soon as possible.
- Please inform the nurse if your child has any new allergies that were not reported in the past.
- Please report any new health issues that have occurred during the past 6 months including surgeries, accidents, or new health problems
- If you are giving permission for the school nurse to administer medication to your child in school, you must:
- Send in a completed Medication Authorization Form signed by a parent and child’s physician. This is required for both prescription and over-the-counter medications. A copy of this form is available at the bottom of this web page.
- Send the medication to school in its original container labeled with the child’s name. Medication will not be dispensed if the nurse cannot identify the student’s name and medication type, dose, or expiration date. This is required for prescription and over-the-counter medications.
Please monitor your child’s temperature and symptoms before they come to school each day. If your child has a temperature greater than 100 degrees, your child must stay home from school. Your child must be kept home from school if they display any new COVID symptoms: fever, body aches, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, congestion, nausea, vomiting, or loss of taste and smell.
To return to school, you must provide a doctor’s note or negative COVID test. If your child is not tested, they must complete a 10-day quarantine and be free of symptoms at least 24 hours before returning to school.
Please continue to remind your child that a face covering should always be worn while in school. Remind your child that no physical contact is allowed, and all students should socially distance from each other. Social distancing and hand hygiene are the best ways to prevent the spread of all diseases. Please feel free to call the health office if you have any questions regarding COVID screening, testing, or quarantining rules.
The health offices in both schools are staffed from 8:15 AM to 3:15 PM daily. Please feel free to call with any concerns or questions.
Brianne Bohrman, RN
District School Nurse, MPCS UFSD
914-769-0456 ext. 2126
Mount Pleasant Cottage School
Brianne Bohrman, RN
(914) 769-0456 x2126
Louann Sacchitiello, Health Assistant
(914) 769-0456 x3141
The health office is staffed from 8:15 AM to 3:15 PM daily. Please feel free to call with any concerns or questions.